Friday, September 17, 2010

Exercise might be better than health insurance...

but then what do I know? 


This all seems good; exercising with weights, riding bikes, playing racquetball and in general keeping moving. But do you know how hard it is getting to just get moving in the morning?  I still seem to have blown out my heels, right more than left.  They have sharp pains in them and I am using padded insoles in one set of shoes and those ortho insoles in another.  I am just thankful to have shoes!

Many of our society don't. How am I going to be able to get all this done this semester and still get my Life Adjustment Center up and running?  I want to have a multifaceted approach to the homeless and nearly homeless.  I would also like to deal with those who are having difficulties staying in some sort of lifestyle balance if they have lost their employment or suffered from some catastrophic incident that has left them in a vulnerable position in regards to housing, food and the basics.

After all, this is still one of the richest nations in the world.  We might not be buying all the junk that we were and we certainly aren't paying the same prices, however...

Let's all take a look in the mirror. Do you like the person looking back? Is that person smiling? Why or why not???

be well; peace....
dan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I felt bad that I had no shoes until I met a man with no feet.
Then I took his shoes and felt better.