Wednesday, September 22, 2010

the days are getting shorter and the nights-man oh man, these nights....

I love the fall-throw open the windows and breathe in the freshness of the air.  I am not bothered by any allergies to the fall pollens and all so this is a wonderful time for me.  When I lived in Raleigh, NC I remember thinking that the fall was about a month longer than Michigan's and that the harshest months of winter, or maybe a month and a half's worth was nowhere to be found.  

I slept with the windows open and woke to birds every morning.  I am doing that again, several years later.   I am usually up quite early so I can't remember the last time I had to be woken to an 'alarm' clock!  I wake to natural sounds so much better.  I also have an alarm clock of sorts in my head and when I would like to get up at 5.15 in the morning I can do so within a few minutes.  I still haven't figured that one out yet but it still works. 

I am still working on the websites and blogs that will be filled with frugal options, green options and more.  I am working on a fall garden, getting the car ready for winter and of course-school work.  I am down to three classes, two on nutrition science and one on Business.  All of them are taking much too much of my time.  I will get thru this period and then into the next level of learning.

Especially interesting was a short talk in the sauna with some young Christians who are doing an internship here.  I told them about working with Habitat for Humanity, the Fuller Center for Housing and then about Wilma building her own house when she was 70 years old.  and a fine house she did build.

be well; peace...
dan

No comments: